* There have been many days this summer when I just didn't bother putting on any makeup, which is so unusual for me. I usually wear makeup six or seven days of the week, but this summer I've only been wearing it about 3-4 days. It's kind of freeing!
* I was a little worried about living with two guys, but I have to say that overall, I'm quite happy with my set up. They kill the bugs, help me with my car a little bit, and are pretty entertaining.
* I confess that a few weeks ago I accidentally flashed my roommate because my bathing suit already didn't fit me right and then a wave came and knocked my swimsuit to the side. Amazingly, I just got a new bathing suit that I'm in love with from Mod Cloth. Those are words that I have never uttered before about a swim suit. This is the first time in my whole life that a bathing suit actually fits me properly and is even kind of flattering.
|Image via Mod Cloth|
* This summer, I feel like I've been on a bit of an emotional roller coaster. The high would be the obvious fact that I like it here in Georgia and am happier here, but the low is that I do feel pretty upset for not having a job yet. Everett told me yesterday that he felt bad for me and that he knows exactly what I'm going through because it was like this for him last summer when he moved down. He said he felt so frustrated and like a huge loser because he moved down here in mid-May and didn't get a job until early August. It relieved me to hear that because I didn't know it took him that long to find a job, so it helped me feel less inadequate. #truth Once I find a job, I'll feel more "rooted" to the area, which is what I want.
* Besides my new bathing suit and a couple of pairs of shorts I just ordered, I'm trying to be suuuuppper cheap right now because of the whole not having a job thing. It's just hard because I finally have free time and want to be out exploring, but I also have to live on a small budget because I'm trying not to burn through all of my savings. I try to do free stuff and only go out to eat on the weekends.
* I confess that I'm a little peeved because I sent a couple of people some money for their wedding and never got a thank you card back. It has been months and months now, so I know I won't get one. Is it petty of me to expect a card?
* I'm supposed to do a Google hangout tonight and I'm nervous! I've never done a Google hangout, Facetime, or even ever Skyped. I really do resist technology.
* My friends are going back to Ohio in a few days and asked me if I would like to go, but I don't really know that I want to which sounds bad because I still have friends and family there.
* People keep using all of these acronyms/abbreviations in their posts and I'm not really sure what they mean! I had to Google PTL the other day.