Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday Social: My Favorite Pins

Today I'm linking up with A Complete Waste of Makeup to share some of my favorite pins with you.

Favorite Outfit Pin:   This outfit is so me!  When I pinned this outfit, one of my classmates even commented on it saying that she could totally picture me wearing this.  I'm drawn to the pinks, love the polish, and prefer studs over dangling earrings.  I opt for jeans whenever I can on my days off because they're comfy and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.  Plus, since I have to dress up for work and for subbing, I rarely get the chance to wear jeans, so nowadays jeans are my first choice when I don't have to follow a dress code.  I actually looked for the scarf online so that I could buy it, but they were all sold out.   


Via or Polyvore
Favorite Food Pin: This orecchiette pasta dish is one of my top choices because the recipe is simple and it doesn't take a long time to make.  It also has some fruits (it's still weird to me to call tomatoes fruits!) and veggies mixed in with the pasta, which makes this meal healthier than the types of pasta dishes that I usually eat.  Orecchiette is Italian for "little ears" because that's (kind of) what the pasta resembles.  This type of pasta is very famous in Puglia, which was the region of Italy that I lived in, so the nostalgia factor may be one of the reasons why I picked this pin. :)

Via or Alexandra's Kitchen
Favorite Wedding Pin:  I actually only have a couple of wedding pins because I don't plan on getting married anytime soon!  This one was my fave because I love saving cards from every occasion.  I have some keepsake boxes full of birthday, Christmas, and other cards from various holidays/life events.  Sometimes when I need a little pick-me-up, I look through them and they always bring a smile to my face, so I'd also want to save cards from my wedding (if I ever get married.)  Plus, most wedding cards are really beautiful and I'd want to have them around for a long time to help me remember my special day.


Via or The Art of Simple

Favorite DIY or Craft Pin:  I wouldn't pick these exact colors and would probably spell out another word instead of "love," like "dream" or something, but you get the idea.  I think this would be a nice decoration to have in our living room, and it's not like it would be tough for me to find some empty wine bottles to use. I think that these would also be nice to give away as gifts since they can easily be personalized.

Via
Favorite Quote:  This quote really motivates me when I'm feeling like things are too hard or if I want to give up on something.  It reminds me that I have the power to shape my own destiny and encourages me to keep on working so that I can try to achieve my goals.

Via
Random Pin I Love: Since I studied French in high school and in college and going to France was my first overseas trip, France will always have a special place in my heart.  My trip to France started my travel obsession and studying abroad there for nine months changed my life!

Via

What types of boards do you have on Pinterest?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

14 comments:

  1. I love that photo of Paris with the wine glass, perfect image to remember Paris by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is such a cool picture! I want to go back to Paris soon.

      Delete
  2. Love the random pin. It would be amazing to go there! I did something similar to my wedding cards with inspiration from Pinterest! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I'm not married I might make one consisting of just regular cards that I receive!

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on wearing jeans when out of work! When I first started my job we could wear jeans on Fridays and then they took it away :(

    I look forward to trying that pasta dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At some schools they have casual Fridays, but the one I sub at the most does not have that!! Or, they make us pay (even the subs) $3.00 or some amount if we wear jeans, but then the $$ will go towards something that the school needs.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the Paulo Coehlo quote - I've just pinned it myself. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! He has a lot of great quotes. I'm thinking I need to start reading his books.

      Delete
  5. I love that Eiffel Tower pin! the photo is so creative. I love Pinterest! My friends and I are planning to get together and create an entire 3 or 4 course meal from pinterest recipes! I'll let you know how it goes lol

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that sounds SO FUN! I hope that you blog about it! My sister and I are going to make a meal and hope to make a craft off of Pinterest when I go and visit her in a couple of weeks.

      Delete
  6. I think I have the card pin... and the Paris pin... both of which are AMAZING.... now if I would actually get around to doing the card one... and get my butt back to Paris... I could handle that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since we have similar pin taste, I've just followed you on Pinterest. I can't wait to explore your boards. :)

      Delete
  7. Love these pins! I have a lot of pins on european places. I will try and find you on Pinterest and follow - I can't get the button to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! I'll take a look at the button--sorry about that! I'm following you on Pinterest as well. I need to create a board just for Italy and I'm sure I'll be re-pinning your pins for that one! :)

      Delete